Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fantasy football

This guest post from Lewis Beck

I am a fantasy football widow. I cannot even believe that I am living this life. My husband has always been a person who cannot drag himself away from a football game. But now he has joined this fantasy football league and has become totally obsessed with what seems like every football game imaginable each weekend on television. And when he cannot find out a score of a game on television, he gets online on West Jordan wireless internet and finds out everything he wants to know about any game. To say that he has gone insane is putting it mildly. I don’t even like football, and now it affects our everyday lives. My husband’s brother who lives in Texas calls him every Saturday and Sunday to discuss their fantasy football teams. Before football season started, they would talk to each other about once or twice a month. At least they have unlimited minutes on their cell phones. I guess it could be worse. My husband could be interested in hunting and dragging home a deer or something dead every weekend expecting me to clean it or something.

No comments: